Sunday, July 8, 2012

EOC: Chapter Seven Excerise


If I was promoting a new line and had to use viral marketing Johnny Cupcakes is a great brand to make a plan to follow, “because the viral fashion-branding techniques-concerts, word-of-moth, the Internet, e-mails, tradeshow attendance, and Cupperware parties-had been successful for Johnny Cupcakes) (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, page 114) Making a blog and having some way for the consumer to attach to the brand can make them a return customer.  “Johnny’s branding strategies included the use of a blog where he shares his personal experiences and relates them to his brand.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, page 109) Advertising on blogs that are similar to the brand that I am promoting would also be something that I would do. Also I would give celebrities that our target market watch and have them try to use or wear the product. Creating social network pages would also be something that I would do if it were a big part of my target markets day to day life. I would also send samples to Youtube gurus that my target market subscribes to. Many of their followers want the products that their favorite person on Youtube wears. People love free things and love to talk about the product if they like the product. I would try to create as much buzz on other blogs and websites that many people go to already. Trying to be featured in stories as well. Also I would be sending samples to magazines and try to be in contact with the editor in trying to be featured in their magazine. I would also try to be featured in gift bags at events that are similar to the product that I am promoting. The internet is a great marvel of the modern world, and can be used to promote many new products and businesses. It “ allows each person who visits the site to feel as if he or she is a part of his success.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, page 109) This can make it easier to promote new things but in turn harder, because it is a lot easier to find similar products. If viral promoting is done the right way at the right time with the right time it can be very successful in expanding a brand, and Johnny Cupcakes is a great example of it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment