Sunday, July 8, 2012

EOC: Chapter Eight Excerise


The product that I picked to do is a new dress shirt for women.  A shirt that is just not one sized. It would have an upper body size and a lower one. With breast sizes naturally and artificially getting bigger in America and the waist getting smaller why are there not clothes that come made to wear that fill those needs? I have been asking my self this question for many years now. The coco cola body shape is praised but there is not market that takes an advantage of it. “Reflecting the current trends among women, this company is successful because the product line is unique and stylish.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, page 140) I have found a very select few that take action on this market but it is not in the United States. I would first launch a dress shirt since the professional women uses them often and then expand on to other items. I would have the sizes numbered just have the upper size then lower and make it easy to figure out. The brand that I did find had a hard to read chart that you had to refer to which I found to be a hassle. Having the two sizes will eliminate the need to have to see a tailor or wear a different shirt under and not button it up all the way. Since the shirt is a lot more labor intensive and specific it would be of a higher price but I feel people would not mind the higher price. “Research has shown that in the handbag industry, when consumers are given a choice to buy more expensive handbags over less expensive models, most will trade up.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, page 126) The same will be said for my dress shirt.  It would make shopping a lot easier and you would not have to pay extra tailor cost so it would about even out. The age that I will target will be from 25 to 40 this age is one in which we dress the most professional and have the money to spend on higher end products. “The core age of female consumers driving sales in handbag market is between 25 and 44.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, page 127) I would call my brand DBC that stands for Designs By Coral. I would have the logo be simple black and white with some of the letters overlapping each other similar to that of Louis Vuitton. This would also help add the elegance to the brand and help add to the use of the higher price point. I would like to featured in high-end department stores and maybe have a hand full of boutiques.  I think that the current sizing charts are not up to date for the people of today and that they should be updated to fit our needs for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment